Countries are divided in 3 categories, based on epidemiological criteria and data: Category A, Category B, and all other countries not belonging to either Category A or B (classified as Category C).
The categorisation of countries is available at https://cyprusflightpass.gov.cy/en/country-categories and is revised on a weekly basis, according to the evolution of the epidemiological situation.
Rules and Exceptions
Passengers from Category A countries are only asked to provide some specific information and a declaration.
Passengers from Category B and C countries will need to:
- have undergone a test for Covid-19 at a certified lab, within 72 hours prior to their departure, and hold a certificate demonstrating the negative result to the test;
- provide specific information and a declaration.
In the following cases, passengers travelling from Category B countries have the option to be tested - at their own expenses - upon their arrival at the Republic of Cyprus, if they didn't take the test for COVID-19 within 72 hours prior to their departure:
1. Cypriot citizens and their family members (foreign spouses, their minor children and their parents);
2. Persons legally residing in the Republic of Cyprus;
3. Persons allowed to enter the Republic of Cyprus under the Vienna Convention;
4. Persons, regardless of nationality, having a special permission by the Republic of Cyprus, as defined under the infectious Diseases (Determination of Measures Against the Spread of the Covid-19 Coronavirus disease) Decree (N.30), as amended;
5. Persons from countries in category B, whose authorities are not in a position to offer Covid-19 testing to those wishing to travel to the Republic of Cyprus, are allowed to perform the Covid-19 test upon their entry to the Republic of Cyprus.
Only the following passenger categories can travel to Cyprus from Category C countries:
1) Cypriot citizens permanently residing in the Republic, and their family members (foreign spouses, their minor children and their parents);
2) Persons legally residing in the Republic of Cyprus;
3) Persons allowed to enter the Republic in accordance with the Vienna Convention;
4) Persons of any nationality who are allowed to enter the Republic after obtaining special permission from the Republic of Cyprus, as defined under the infectious Diseases (Determination of Measures Against the Spread of the Covid-19 Coronavirus disease) Decree (N.30), as amended.
The above groups of passengers, travelling from Category B or C countries, will have the option of taking the test upon their arrival in Cyprus and pay for the cost of the test.
Passengers should constantly visit the dedicated electronic platform to be informed of possible changes that will affect their trip. The prerequisites for passengers travelling to Cyprus from each country category can be found at: https://cyprusflightpass.gov.cy/en/download-forms
Mandatory Travel Documentation
All passengers travelling to the Republic of Cyprus have to submit, within 24 hours before starting their journey from the country of origin to the Republic of Cyprus (either via direct flight or with intermediate stops), all the information and documents required to obtain the CyprusFlightPass.
The use of the platform is obligatory for anyone who wishes to travel to Cyprus. Consequently, when booking a flight, passengers have to be informed in advance by airlines, travel agents and/or internet booking platforms, before the final step of booking, that the acquisition of the CyprusFlightPass is necessary for their travel to the Republic of Cyprus.
Only in case of technical problems or scheduled maintenance of the electronic platform, which will be officially announced in the platform itself, passengers will be allowed to fill in the required form in writing.
Documents you need to travel in Europe