The agency encourages all to follow these precautions:
- Avoid close contact with sick individuals.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Wear a face mask or a face covering made of fabric in public settings.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Stay home if you are ill.